Tuesday, February 7, 2017

20 minutes 'till the jaunt bus gets here and after sleeping an extra 2 hours last night, I am more tired now than I usually am in the morning.  There doesn't seem to be a good way for me to wake up and have energy without taking in way more caffeine than I want to.

School is good so far.  English comp is taking up way more of my time than everything else but it's mostly enjoyable work.  There reading assignments she gives us are terrible.  Not the stuff from the textbooks, but the essays and short stories we have to read and comment on for class.  I suppose it needs to be positive, easy reading so that it's accessible to everyone in the class.  But I still can't enjoy  reading any of it.

Work is going well most of the time.  Susan was a little unaware of how trashed some of her fences were and I know it's taken her longer than she anticipated to get things working, but she knows things will usually take a lot longer than planned to finish and we're making progress.  I helped move some sheep from her house, and Brett and Naomi's, to the farm last weekend. Always fun working with animals.  Not a big fan of getting kicked in the balls over an over by a ewe while lifting it over a gate, but still enjoyed doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment