Wednesday, January 11, 2017

second semester

     My second semester of school started yesterday.  I was able to work out a schedule with the jaunt-bus so that I don't have to ride in at 5:30 with my dad and kill time for three hours before class starts, so that's good.  I might occasionally be a little late for my first class but the professor doesn't mind so it shouldn't be a problem.
     First day was good.  The two classes that will carry the bigger work-load are History of Western Civilization, and English Comp 111.  The history class will be a LOT of reading:
The Iliad, Beowulf, Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, City of God by Augustine, and The Prince.
I think I need to be done with The Iliad in 3 weeks.  Not that it's that much to get done in that amount of time, but scheduling it and forcing myself to read - and retain - the thing... Still, looking forward to going through all of the material and hearing some discussion.
     The comp class is a little daunting.  A lot of it is handwritten things I have to keep in one journal and I'm not crazy about writing everything on paper.  I've gotten used to being able to edit and tweak things as I work on them.  It'll be okay though.  It's definitely one of those classes where effort counts more than, or at least as much as, the end results.
     Good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment